Thursday, November 4, 2010

SF Giants - Victory Parade

Yesterday was the S.F. Giants' victory parade. It was absolutely amazing and completely insane! There were hundreds of thousands of people lining the streets, cheering on the team. It was an incredibly unifying event that ran smoothly, considering the huge crowds and absolute rowdiness! It was so super exciting to have a victory parade in S.F. after watching all of these other teams take home the trophy.

Over the last couple of days, there have been a number of stories about people who have been following the Giants since they came to S.F. and even from way back in their NY days. I've heard a lot of stories about adults who grew up in households where there fathers were loyal, die-hard Giants fans and they only wished those people could be here to see the team bring home the Championship. It's definitely bittersweet and makes me think of my own Dad who introduced me to baseball and without which I probably wouldn't have this passion for baseball. If not for my Dad I wouldn't be in love with going to baseball games or enjoy sitting in stands watching a game. He would have loved to be a part of this win and probably would have predicted the victory the way he was always able to calculate players stats and extrapolate the unique stats he kept. It's amazing that I was able to experience this win and will be able to tell people that I was part of the 2010 World Series Champs S.F. Giants, even if I was just a fan whose participation was limited to watching from the stands, on TV or listening on the radio to Kruk & Kuip and Jon Miller & Dave Flemming. I can't wait to get back to AT&T Park in 2011!

The bad part about the Giants winning in 5 games is that baseball is now officially over until Spring. I'm completely lost in the off-season without the baseball and the Giants. Here's hoping winter sails by. The countdown for pitchers & catchers reporting starts now!

No comments:

Post a Comment